Asset Tracking & Management
Hospitals and care facilities around the world get challenged every day with managing thousands of costly, moveable equipment. It is very time consuming and labor-intensive, making it harder and harder to keep track of all their assets and resulting in a significant amount of assets getting lost, stolen or misplaced, intervering with every day productivity.
Research has shown that almost a third of all nurses spend over 1 hour each shift searching for equipment and the average hospital loses about $ 4,000 of equipment per bed per year.
Using the same techniques as asset tracking is patient tracking. Find out how Patient Tracking can improve patient flow.
Benefits of Asset Tracking
- Always find your assets and categories of assets, location is indicated at room-level
- Know the status of an asset, is it on or off? Sterilized or not? In use or available?
- Caregivers have more time for patients when not having to search for assets
- Security is warned automatically when asset leaves pre-defined zone and prevent theft
- Optimize your workflow and processes by tracking asset movement history
- Improve your inventory management
30% of nurses spend a minimum of one hour per shift locating equipement. (Nursing Times, 2009)
Each year, hospitals lose about $ 4,000 per bed because of theft. (VHA Survey, 2010)
You might also be interested in
Give patients their mobility and independence back by integrating patient tracking. Next to that, secure patient safety and optimize patient flow and improve overal patient satisfaction.
Mobile Medical Carts
Mobilize hospital equipment or bedside terminals by mounting them on a medical cart. A hot swap portable power system provides constant power to the cart.
System integrators are specialized in bringing together different elements of the complete solution. Find a professional system integrator in your area and start joining healthcare and IT.